ASPEN SHORTSFEST – RULES & REGULATIONS
By agreeing to the terms and conditions on the entry form for Aspen Shortsfest, the person or entity (the Applicant) submitting an entry (the Short) to Aspen Shortsfest (ASF) acknowledges that he or she has read, understood and agrees to the following rules and guidelines:
1. The Applicant is legally authorized to enter the Short in ASF, and the Short is not subject to any claims or litigation and is not threatened by any claims or litigation.
2. Entries must be 45 minutes or under in length, completed since January 1, 2018, and submitted in one of the following categories: Animation, Comedy, Documentary, or Drama.
3. To qualify for the Student Award, the Short must have been completed while enrolled in an accredited film or media arts course or program.
4. Non-English language shorts must be subtitled in English.
5. ASF can only accept, consider and notify entries submitted with valid entry form and non-refundable entry fee. To be considered for ASF, the Applicant must fill out the entry form at Withoutabox.com. Applicant must submit a Secure Online Screener. Entry Fee payment must be made online through Withoutabox.
6. Late Entries: For Late entry request please contact ASF at shortsfest(AT)aspenfilm.org.
7. To verify ASF has received your entry, we advise that you check the Withoutabox status before emailing us with further questions.
8. All films will be notified of their status by mid-March. If your contact information or premiere status changes between entry submission and our notification date, please update your information on WAB and email changes to ASF at: shortsfest(AT)aspenfilm.org.
9. Entry materials cannot be returned.
10. It is the sole responsibility of the Applicant to secure clearance from the copyright holders of any copyrighted materials in the Short. The Applicant releases and discharges ASF, its employees and agents from any and all claims, demands or causes of actions related to misappropriation or infringement of copyright or violation of any other right arising out of or relating to this Short.
11. In the event that the Short is accepted as a Finalist by ASF, the Applicant hereby agrees to the following rights and requests and grants to ASF without reservations, conditions or qualifications:
11a. ASF reserves the right to screen an exhibition-quality digital file of the Short (see guidelines for accepted formats) during ASF including educational screenings.
11b. ASF reserves the right to coordinate ALL publicity and press outreach concerning the Short’s presentation at ASF, including but not limited to:
11.b-1 The right to use excerpted clips, still images and/or titles, and information from or relating to the Short for promotional purposes in all media including Aspen Film’s website.
11.b-2 The right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Short and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information.
11.b-3 The right to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Short and to grant ASF the right to provide this information to film industry organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
11c. ASF reserves the right to retain a preview copy of any Short submitted or solicited for ASF’s non-circulating library, as well as for ASF educational purposes.
11e. ASF reserves the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees, any entry which is in violation of the guidelines and participation agreement.